Why should I work with you?
- I’ve spent five years working in corporate America. I can manage multiple projects at once and can multi-task like no other. I’m extremely detail-oriented and will not let anything go unnoticed. My research methods mean that I can make the best recommendations for your custom trip. You will receive a highly personalized, high-quality trip made just for you!
- I’m great at customer service. My professional background also means that I can work with people well and I can do it efficiently. I promise to always get back to my clients within 12 hours. You will always feel supported, understood, and cared for while working with me!
- I spend time on the little things. I will plan all aspects of your transportation, meals, and activities. If there are activities happening specific to your travel time, I will make sure you know about it. You will receive a personalized itinerary complete with maps of where you will be, unique details and historical facts, and little tidbits of info about daily life in the place you are going that you wouldn’t get with an online travel service or a traditional travel agent because those things don’t provide a commission.
- Nothing will be marked up. I don’t create a ‘package price’ or inflate the rates. You can be sure of this because you won’t be paying me (aside from the fees for the planning service you have chosen). I will use your credit card to pay each vendor directly, so that each line item is fully transparent. This means you are getting the best deal possible!
Can you get me a discount on my hotel?
Sometimes. But what I can definitely get you is the assurance that you will be receiving a good value for your money. I will work within your budget to find the hotel that meets your needs the best!
What is a travel consultant, and how is that different than a travel agent?
I can offer you all the services that a travel agent can, except I don’t book your flight for you. Because I’m working with a flat fee vs. a commission structure, I can guarantee that my recommendations are made with your best interest in mind. I am only going to refer you to places that I genuinely think you will love – not because that hotel or tour is paying me a commission.
What happens if something goes wrong on my trip? Will you help me?
Absolutely! With the gold or platinum level services, I will be available to assist you every step of the way. For example, you may need to…
- Change/cancel dinner reservations
- It looks like rain tomorrow, so our hike isn’t going to work out. What can we do instead?
- I have seen the inside of too many museums. Can we update tomorrow’s itinerary?
- There’s a great event coming up! Please figure out how to get us tickets and arrange for us to pick them up at our hotel concierge.
I found a group tour online that sounds interesting. Can you help me plan a private version for just my group?
Absolutely! And I can usually get you a better deal, too. Online tours are sold as a marked-up package price. When I break down the individual costs, you will pay less – even with my full-service planning!
How long will my trip take to plan?
This will depend on the length of your trip, when you are going, and how flexible you can be. For high season travel, the more notice the better! Ideally, 4-6 months notice will help me get you the best deals. For low season travel, 2-3 months notice is plenty. If your trip is coming up sooner, don’t be discouraged! I can still promise you a fantastic trip, just contact me right away to get started.
Which service should I choose?
Well, how much time do you have?
- a) I don’t have time or don’t want to do any research. I just want to arrive at my destination and let the fun/relaxation begin–> Platinum Service
- b) I want someone else to do all the real planning, but I don’t need every day scheduled out. I like flexibility –> Gold Service
- c) I want to plan the trip myself, but I don’t really know where to begin. I just need a bit of guidance or need my existing itinerary reviewed –> Hourly Consulting